Strengthening TB control in Kosovo
The overall objective is to reduce TB burden in Kosovo (decreasing the notification rate from 45/100,000 in 2016 to 36/100,000 in 2018)
SO1: Ensure equitable access to high-quality diagnosis, treatment, care and prevention that is integrated and patient-centered, with a focus on vulnerable population, including children, ethnic minorities and the prison population;
SO2: Strengthen health support system and use community systems to enable needs-based sustainable and integrated interventions for key populations most affected by the TB epidemic.
Core Project Activities:
- Expand and enhance high-quality DOTS;
- Address TB/HIV, MDR-TB and other challenges;
- Contribute to health system strengthening;
- Engage all health care providers in tuberculosis care;
- Empower people with TB and communities through improving their knowledge and awareness about disease.
- Grant Contract No.: 984
- Overall budget: 2,128,177.00 EUR
- Start Date: 01 April 2018 – 31 December 2018
- Target Groups: TB patients and their family members;
MDR-TB suspects and patients;
Medical personnel and lab technicians;
Private providers, non-NTP public providers.
- Program Sub-recipients: 1. NGO Antidans
2. NGO HAD
3. NGO Kea
4. NGO AHED