Building Resilience in Individuals and Communities in Kosovo
The Overall Objective is to increase resilience to negative influences for the Youth in Ferizaj and Kaçanik by offering self-development opportunities – in terms of positive alternatives (trainings, grants, clubs) and narratives (positive image of communities) so that youth will be more likely to achieve their aspirations and enhance their self-worth.
SO1: High School students to become more confident about their future as a result of increased availability and participation in extra-curricular activities, skill-building, and entertainment.
SO2: High school students become committed about their professional advancement and further extension of their (social and professional) networks.
SO3: Upper Elementary Students to have a heighten sense of community as a result of increased social interaction and care between different social groups as well as heighten their control over online behavior.
Core Project Activities:
- Creating clubs at schools focusing in sports, theater and music as well as performances o their work through concerts, plays and soccer tournaments.
- Provide trainings and grants for young entrepreneurs to encourage new endeavors.
- Organize competitions and Fair for students to showcase their projects/ideas.
- Provide trainings and grants for young community leaders so that they undertake community projects voluntarily.
- Provide trainings in wood processing (CNC Machine) so that students become better equipped to join the labor market.
- Organize seminars and campaigns for safe internet use so that students, teachers and parents are better informed.
- Grant Contract No.: QNA-T-CDF
- Overall Budget: 2,128,177€
- Start Date: 01 April 2018 – 31 February 2020
- Target Groups: Primary and Secondary School Students in Ferizaj and Kaçanik Region
- Program Sub-recipients: 1. NGO Integra
2. NGO ICK
3. NGO CCPA
4. NGO KYC
5. NGO FIT
6. NGO Columbus Institute